Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 34:29 — 47.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Host Joshua Whiteside joins Lozano Smith partner Sloan Simmons to discuss the present status of student COVID-19 vaccination and student masks requirements, including the status of State directives on point and the results of litigation in these areas.
Show Notes & References
- 0:48 – California Department of Public Health (CDPH) February 15, 2022 announcement and upcoming CDPH February 28, 2022 announcement
- 3:26 – Student vaccine mandate status
- 5:35 – SB 871 and personal exemptions
- 7:45 – Locally adopted vaccine mandates examples
- 8:36 – Los Angeles USD local mandate and legislation
- 9:20 – Education Code section 35160
- 11:37 – San Diego USD local mandate
- 15:05 – State court San Diego case and Let Them Choose litigation
- 19:00 – San Diego USD appeal and stay from Court of Appeal
- 22:01 – Mask mandate status
- 22:33 – State Public Health officer order (June 11, 2021)
- 23:28 – CDPH Guidance
- 24:02 – Health and Safety Code section 120175 and legal authority
- 24:37 – Superior Court case in San Diego and Let Them Breathe litigation
Lozano Smith’s COVID-19 Resources can be found here.
For more information on the topics discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.