Title IX impacts more than just college athletics. Host Sloan Simmons talks with Michelle Cannon and Stephanie White of Lozano Smith’s Title IX Impact Team about the current status of the law, including the proposed regulations which contain sweeping revisions to existing practices. This conversation explores the depth and breadth of Title IX and provides important insights for all public school administrators in K-12 through college.
Show Notes & References
- 2:02 Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; 34 C.F.R. Part 106
- 2:47 Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- 4:43 Dear Colleague Letters 2001, 2011 (rescinded), 2014 (rescinded) and 2017
- 5:05 Dear Colleague Letter (September 22, 2017)
- 5:06 Q & A on Campus Sexual Misconduct (September 2017)
- 6:02 Interim Measures
- 13:29 Responsible Employee
- 19:42 Senate Bill 1375 (2016); Education Code § 221.61
- 20:46 CSBA Model Policy – Uniform Complaint Procedures (BP/AR 1312.3)
- 22:06 CSBA Model Policy – Sexual Harassment (BP/AR 5145.7)
- 29:43 Exception to FERPA
- 31:09 Preponderance of the Evidence Standard
- 45:56 Lozano Smith Title IX Toolkit
For more information on the topics discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.