Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:24 — 37.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Preventing school violence and ensuring school safety have become dominant topics and part of an ongoing national conversation. But what can a school district do, practically, to address these issues? This podcast will examine two recently released resource documents from the Federal Bureau of Investigations and the United States Secret Service which provide guidance on preventing school violence as well as pending California legislation to improve school climate and safety.
Show Notes & References
- 2:10 FBI Report (http://www.lozanosmith.com/news-clientnewsbriefdetail.php?news_id=2774)
- 8:15 Secret Service Guide (NTAC) (http://www.lozanosmith.com/publicsafety.php)
- 19:03 Healthy Kids Survey results (https://www.cde.ca.gov/nr/ne/yr18/yr18rel54.asp)
- 21:58 AB 1747 – Annual active shooter drills
- 24:20 AB 3205 – Locks on classroom doors
- 24:49 SB 972 – Suicide hotline contact information on student ID cards
For more information on the school safety issues discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.