Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 44:39 — 61.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Attorney Michael Smith, joined by associate Josh Whiteside, talks with host Devon Lincoln about the role that religion plays in the lives of public school students and their teachers and other staff, and how schools can create a climate of inclusivity and support for students of every background and faith tradition.
Show Notes & References
- 6:13 Kennedy v. Bremerton School Dist. 869 F.3d 813 (2017); School District Need Not Accommodate Coach’s Request to Publicly Pray at Football Games (Client News Brief: October 2017)
- 8:35 Equal Access Act (20 U.S.C. § 4071 et seq.)
- 10:23 See Ed. Code, §§ 52, 53.
- 12:05 The Satanic Temple Seeks Access to Public Elementary Schools Nationwide (Client News Brief: September 2016)
- 18:04 Abington v. Schempp (1963) 374 U.S. 203
- 30:06 Fair Education Act (Ed. Code, § 51204.5.)
- 36:05 Assembly Bill (AB) 1248; New Law Entitles Students To Wear Tribal Regalia Or Recognized Objects Of Religious, Ceremonial Or Cultural Significance As An Adornment At School Graduation Ceremonies (Client News Brief: January 2019)
For more information on the topics discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.