Host Sloan Simmons talks with Lozano Smith attorneys Desiree Serrano and Aimee Perry about the latest developments on COVID-19 and students, with a focus on Senate Bill 98 and the most recent state agency directives and guidance heading into the 2020-2021 school year.
Show Notes & References
- 2:18 – Requirements for in-person instruction
- 2:40 – Senate Bill (SB) 98
- 5:12 – Daily live interaction
- 7:16 – Distance learning
- 8:54 – California Department of Education’s Distance Learning FAQs
- 11:13 – July 17, 2020 CDPH COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Schools and School Based Programs, CDPH COVID-19 and Reopening In-Person Learning Framework for K-12 Schools in California, 2020-2021 School Year
- 14:18 – Guidance on back-and-forth openings/closings
- 15:33 – Individual school closures
- 16:59 – School district closures
- 17:21 – Recommendations to avoid closures
- 18:59 – Exemptions for face coverings in school settings
- 20:24 – Daily instructional minute requirements
- 21:54 – School attendance
Lozano Smith’s COVID-19 Resources can be found here.
For more information on the topics discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.