Lozano Smith attorneys discuss some of the important aspects of California’s future and complex history with groundwater. Topics include the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), Groundwater Sustainability Agencies (GSA), pre-1914 water rights, and CEQA issues and evaluations. Additionally, they dive into various considerations as local governments adopt general plans and make decisions affecting groundwater and land use.
Show Notes & References:
- 1:15 Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) – https://water.ca.gov/Programs/Groundwater-Management/SGMA-Groundwater-Management
- 3:38 Groundwater Sustainability Agencies (GSA) – https://water.ca.gov/-/media/DWR-Website/Web-Pages/Programs/Groundwater-Management/Sustainable-Groundwater-Management/Files/2014-Sustainable-Groundwater-Management-Legislation-with-2015-amends-1-15-2016.pdf?la=en&hash=ADB3455047A2863D029146E9A820AC7DE16B5CB1
- 6:31 Pre-1914 water rights – https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/waterrights/board_info/faqs.html
- 7:47 CEQA issues and evaluations – http://opr.ca.gov/ceqa/
- 10:35 General plans adopted for local governments – http://opr.ca.gov/planning/general-plan/
- 14:30 Prop 218 – http://www.lao.ca.gov/1996/120196_prop_218/understanding_prop218_1296.html
For more information on the social media issues discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.