Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 41:27 — 57.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
In Part 1 of our discussion on school avoidance, Sloan Simmons talks with Jennifer Baldassari and Susan Bishop about the challenges districts face in school avoidance issues from both a legal and practical perspective, highlighting the top myths associated with school avoidance along the way.
Show Notes & References
- 6:46 Lucia Mar Unified School District v. Student (2017) OAH Case No. 2017020299
- 11:31 Family systems vs. family issues
- 14:29 Child Find
- 15:25 IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education and Improvement Act)
- 18:54 Common Sense Media’s Digital Citizenship Curriculum
- 20:29 Navigating SEL From the Inside Out – Harvard Graduate School of Education (March 2017)
- 25:28 Parent v. Berkeley Unified School District (Sept. 13, 2018) OAH Case No. 2018030517
- 28:19 SARB (School Attendance Review Board)
- 30:00 Truancy vs. being a truant vs. chronic absenteeism (Ed. Code 48260.5 and 60901; 5 CCR 420 and 421.)
- 32:29 Anxiety and Depression Association of America resources
For more information on the topics discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.