Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:16 — 40.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Host Joshua Whiteside joins Lozano Smith attorney Ruth Mendyk to discuss updates and new obligations facing educational agencies now and during the second half of the 2021-22 school year. This discussion includes a review of important legislation from the Fall 2021 legislative session.
Show Notes & References
- 2:30 – Education Code 48205 – Excused absences
- 2:50 – Senate Bill (SB) 14 (urgency) – Excused absences for mental or behavioral health
- 6:46 – Assembly Bill (AB) 516 – Excused absences for cultural ceremonies and events
- 9:13 – SB 254 – September 11th remembrance exercises and observations
- 11:24 – AB 27 (urgency) – Website posting requirement for liaison and related homeless information
- 12:11 – SB 400 – Housing questionnaire and rights/resources for homeless students
- 14:26 – AB 132 – Ensure student completion of FAFSA form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), alternate form, or opt-out
- 17:25 – AB 104 – Grade change requests, student retention, and exemptions from graduation requirements
- 20:54 – AB 101 – Ethnic studies
Lozano Smith’s COVID-19 Resources can be found here.
For more information on the topics discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.