Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 34:33 — 47.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Lozano Smith partners Mary Lerner and Anne Collins, co-chairs of the firm’s Governance Practice Group, talk about the basics that every newly elected member of a local agency governing body should know when assuming office. This podcast isn’t just for newly electeds – it’s full of information for public officials, local agency staff, and members of the voting public too.
Show Notes & References
- 8:00 The Brown Act
- 15:20 The Public Records Act
- 16:25 City of San Jose v. Superior Court (2017) 2 Cal.5th 608
- 18:42 The Political Reform Act (Government Code section 87100 et seq.)
- 19:19 Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700)
- 19:24 Podcast: Episode 16: It’s Time to Fill Out Your Form 700!
- 20:48 Government Code section 1090
- 24:09 Video: Staying Under the Umbrella: Board Members’ Obligations and Immunities
- 30:05 Ethics training (AB 1234)
- 30:08 Sexual Harassment training
- 30:32 Lozano Smith Client Services (ClientServices@lozanosmith.com)
For more information on the topics discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.