Sloan Simmons sits down with Lozano Smith Special Education Practice Group Leaders Marcy Gutierrez and Aly Bivins, along with special education, 504, and student attorney Kyle Raney, to discuss this year’s legislative activity in the area of special education, as well to get their views on what school officials should be thinking about in the special education arena looking forward to 2020.
Show Notes & References
- 2:07 Assembly Bill (AB) 605 (Assistive technology devices) (Client News Brief 51: October 2019)
- 5:35 Senate Bill (SB) 75 (Education finance)
- 8:53 AB 1172 (Non-public schools and non-public agencies)
- 11:18 AB 947 (Visually impaired students)
- 11:46 Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC)
- 13:44 Orientation & Mobility (O&M) evaluations
- 14:23 SB 695 – Not signed by Governor (Obligation to translate IEP documents for parents)
- 18:31 SB 223 (Medicinal cannabis – Jojo’s Act) (Client News Brief 57: October 2019)
- 18:38 Episode 31: Legislative Roundup – Student Bills (listen here)
- 22:22 Student v. Rincon Valley Union Elementary School District (2018) OAH Case No. 2018050651 (Client News Brief 55: October 2018)
- 24:29 AB 2657 (Seclusion and Restraints) (Client News Brief 90: December 2018)
For more information on the topics discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.