Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 47:30 — 65.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
In this episode, Jenell Van Bindsbergen and William P. Curley III, co-chairs of the firm’s Municipal Practice Group, talk about the unprecedented crush of affordable housing legislation enacted by the California Legislature in 2019. The team discusses what the new laws mean for city governments, and how the legislation strikes at local control and other issues of importance to local municipalities.
Show Notes & References
- 1:34 Episode 14: Police in Schools – The Role of a School Resource Officer
- 1:49 No Easy Answers – Cities, School Districts, and the Statewide Affordable Housing Crisis
- 4:35 Assembly Bill (AB) 101
- 23:19 Senate Bill (SB) 330 – Housing Crisis Act of 2019
- 24:15 Ministerial Approval
- 32:55 Interim Zoning (Government Code section 65858)
- 35:37 Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)
- 43:29 AB 881 and AB 68
- 44:38 AB 101 and SB 330: The Juggernauts of the 2019 Housing Laws (Client News Brief 76: December 2019)
For more information on the topics discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.