Host Sloan Simmons talks with Lozano Smith Special Education Practice Group leaders Marcy Gutierrez and Alyssa Bivins about the latest developments on COVID-19 and special education, with a focus on Senate Bill 98 and the most recent state and federal directives and guidance heading into the 2020-2021 school year.
Show Notes & References
- 1:40 – California Department of Public Health Guidance (July 17, 2020)
- 2:13 – Senate Bill (SB) 98
- 2:25 – Emergency Plans and IEPs
- 10:00 – Impact of extended school closures
- 11:34 – Instructional Minutes
- 13:29 – Masks
- 15:18 – In-Person vs. Distance Learning
- 17:45 – Compensatory Education
Lozano Smith’s COVID-19 Resources can be found here.
For more information on the topics discussed in this podcast, please visit our website at: www.lozanosmith.com/podcast.